Upon the first viewing of the title of this blog, it may seem like a joke. How to buy comfortable men’s high heels? You buy them, right? When it comes to high heels, it is more complicated than that. High heels are known to be the more painful type of shoe. One would assume that men wearing high heels would stumble upon the same pain as women. That’s why this guide was pulled together, to help men avoid uncomfortable high heels.
Everyone Who Buys High Heels Needs to Know about Pitch
Anyone who wears a shoe with heels needs to know about pitch. Why? Knowing the pitch can make all the difference between a painful or comfortable fit. What is pitch? Pitch is the difference between the height of the heel to the sole. Pitch may also be responsible for why your high heels cause discomfort. The next time you buy comfortable men’s high heels, think about the heel’s height in relation to the sole. Avoid heels that are too high in that relation.
What Causes High Heel Pain?
The tricky thing about high heels is that there isn’t one particular thing that causes the pain. If fixing the pitch doesn’t work, other areas must be looked at closely.
- Where is the heel placed? If the heel is placed further down, you may experience pain in the ball of your foot.
- One of the most significant factors is heel height. Your usual walking pattern is heel-toe-heel-toe, but wearing high heels will throw off that pattern, causing discomfort.
- Pointed-toe high heels can also cause a problem. If you experience pain on the side of your foot, baby toe, or big toe, the height of the toe section should be considered.
What Do I Do if the Heels I Bought are Uncomfortable?
It’s probably happened to many people who have accidentally purchased high heels that cause them pain. Luckily, there are ways to fix the issue.
- Stretch the Heels Out: Stretching your heels out, especially new ones, can be a great way to combat pain. There are a few different methods for stretching heels. “The sock method” is to wear thick socks with your heels while walking around the house. You can always use a shoe stretcher if you want to go for a more practical route.
- Gels or Padded Inserts: Gel and padded inserts can help with pain, but remember that they can also make the heels fit tighter. So, move your foot around comfortably in the shoe after you are done with them.
- Arch Inserts: If you have a very high-arched foot, having arch support under the insole can make a huge difference in comfort.
Despite some of the struggles with high heels, even places like Amazon embrace the idea of comfortable men’s high heels. If you have pain issues with your men’s high heels, try some of these tips and see if they help. Comfort is paramount when it comes to high heels.